Beak to Beak Cake
Lovebird cakes baked in the smallest pan in our 3-Tier Paisley Pan take center stage on a fondant-covered board strewn with fondant hearts. Serve the kissing-birds confection at a Valentine’s Day celebration, wedding shower or bachelorette party.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (75 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 13
- 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set (9 x 6 in. used)Easy-Add 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Hearts Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Hearts Cutter Set
- 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards (2 needed)Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 10 in. Cake Circles (2 needed)Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circles
In advance: Prepare base board. Tape 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards together and wrap with Fanci-Foil.
Tint fondant: 20 oz. light rose, 20 oz. dark rose, 4 oz. red; reserve 30 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Roll out 2 shades of rose. Cut 10 x 1 3/4 in. wide strips. Use Piping Gel to attach strips to board, starting with center light rose strip and alternating colors. Wrap outer edges over sides and trim with knife. Shape triangle fondant beaks, 3/4 x 1/2 in. wide, 3/16 in. thick; insert toothpick for support. Let dry.
Bake and cool two 1-layer cakes. Position facing opposite directions on cut-to-fit cake boards. Prepare and cover with fondant. Position on prepared base board.
Roll out red fondant. Cut hearts using largest (cut 1), smallest (cut 5) and 2nd smallest (cut 4) cutters from set. Attach using damp brush.
Pipe tip 2 message. Insert beaks in cakes. Outline birds and pipe outline eyes, wings and feet using tip 3.
* Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.