Bathtime's Just Ducky Cake
A 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan cake paddling atop an Oval Pan cake is sure to make a splash at your next party or shower. Add white fondant bubbles and bar soap to strengthen the bath-day connection.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rubber Ducky Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Rubber Ducky Icing Decorations
Cake serves 42.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- Oval Pan Set (13 x 9 7/8 in. used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 789 Add to shopping list Tip: 789
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Make-Any-Message Letter Press Set Add to shopping list Make-Any-Message Letter Press Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
In advance, make soap: Cut a block of fondant 4 x 2 x 3/4 in. high. Smooth corners with fingers. Cut lollipop sticks into 3 1/2 in. and 1 1/2 in. lengths. Imprint border on front of block. Imprint "SOAP" using Letter Press Set. Let dry several days.
Make soap bubbles: Using fondant, roll approximately forty 1 in. diameter and twenty each 3/4 in., 1/2 in., and 1/4 in. diameter balls. Set aside.
Prepare 3 in. high oval cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high cakes) for stacked construction. Prepare and cover with 2 1/2 pks. blue-tinted rolled fondant; smooth. For fondant waves: Cut four 10 in. long x 2 3/4 in. high strips for top row of waves. Cut top scallops, 3/4 in. deep, using round end of tip 789. Attach around bottom border of oval cake, with damp brush. Trim strips as needed, smooth seams together. Repeat for bottom row of waves, cutting four 10 in. long x 2 in. high strips. Attach, with wave peaks between those of the top row. Position duck cake on cake board cut to fit. Ice bill smooth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Using tip 5, pipe in whites of eyes, smooth with finger, then pipe in blue areas. Add tip 3 black dot pupils. Using tip 16, cover duck with stars and add pullout star wings.
Attach large bubbles around bottom border with dots of buttercream icing. Randomly attach other bubbles. Position duck cake, then attach soap, icing decorations and more bubbles.