Bat Intentions Cake & Cookie
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (48 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 16. Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Animal Crackers Pan Add to shopping list Animal Crackers Pan
- 4-Pc. Heart Pan Set (10 x 2 used)Easy-Add 4-Pc. Heart Pan Set Add to shopping list 4-Pc. Heart Pan Set
- 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set (7.75 x 5.5 used)Easy-Add 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 19 Add to shopping list Tip: 19
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- 20 x 18. plywood or foamcore board (1/4 in. thick)
In advance: Make wings. Prepare cookie dough. Press half into bottom of Heart Pan. Bake and cool; repeat. Tint 24 oz. fondant black. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Brush cookies with Piping Gel; cover with rolled fondant. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool cakes using smallest oval and Animal Crackers pans. Trim ears for more pointed shape.
Make and attach fondant facial features with icing. Roll out some white and reserved black fondant. Use pattern to cut 2 inner ears. Using Oval Cutter Set, cut whites of eyes using large cutter, pupils using medium cutter, nose using large cutter. Attach pupils to whites with damp brush, then cut at an angle. Trim nose to 1 1/4 in. long with slightly curved bottom edge; use tip 3 to indent nostrils. Roll 6 1/2 x 1/4 in. rope for mouth. Attach facial features with icing.
Cover head and oval body with tip 19 stars. Cut 2 large teeth (1 in. long) and 5 small teeth (5/8 in. long). Position on cake. Roll 2 x 1/4 in. logs for eyebrows; attach. Position wings. Tape 6 in. Cake Circles together, 2 or 3 thick, to build supports for head and body that equal height of wings. Position supports, head and body. Roll thin logs for wing ribbing (3/8 in. diameter for main ribs, 1/4 in. diameter for others). Attach using damp brush.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more