Basketful of Wishes Cake
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Favorite Strawberry filling
- Fresh strawberries
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
Several days in advance, make gum paste daisies and leaves. Make approximately 25 daisies using gum paste and daisy cutter from Flower Making Set. Use large end of ball tool to flatten petals and veining tool to make veins in petals.
Roll a 1/4 in. diameter ball of yellow gum paste for flower center; flatten and use small end of tip 13 to make "pollen" impressions. Attach center to flower with brush dipped in water. Let daisies dry on Candy Melting Plate that has been dusted with cornstarch.
Make 30-35 gum paste leaves, using large rose leaf cutter from flower making set. Use veining tool to make veins in leaves. Let leaves dry on small flower former that has been dusted with cornstarch. When dry, "paint" leaves using 1/2 teaspoon of clear vanilla mixed with Moss Green color in Candy Melting Plate. Lightly brush leaves and let dry.
Bake and cool three 1 in. high cakes to form one 3 in. high cake. Pipe a tip 12 circle of icing just inside the edge of each layer. Fill cake with strawberry filling. Lightly ice side and top. Pipe basketweave using tip 8 vertical stripes and tip 47 serrated side up horizontal stripes. Add tip 18 rope top and bottom borders. Position fruit, flowers and leaves on cake.