Basket of Flowers Cake
A basket of flowers is a welcome addition to any party, but making it into a cake is the best gift there is! Making the flowers and decorating this beautiful cake is easy using Sugar Sheets! tools.
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Daisy Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Daisy Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Layered Flower Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Flower Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Leaf Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Leaf Cutting Insert
In advance, use punch with Flower Cutting Insert to cut seven flowers from Light Pink and Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Press into large Flower Forming Cups. Using punch with Small Flower Cutting Insert, punch fourteen flowers from Light Yellow Sugar Sheets! Brush with piping gel and attach to centers of large flowers.
Using Rotary Cutter, cut 40 strips, 1 3/4 long x 1/2 in. wide, from White Sugar Sheets! Position strips in medium-sized cups of Wave Flower Former Set. Place another former set on top to shape curves. Set aside for one hour. Repeat process for another 40 strips. Set aside while you continue to decorate cake.
Bake and cool two-layer cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice smooth with white buttercream.
Starting from bottom of cake, press curved strips into icing. Position the next row of strips at the center of the previous. Continue for four more rows, using approximately 13 strips per row.
Pipe a mound of buttercream on cake top. Position flowers, adding more icing for support if necessary.
Using punch with Leaf Cutting Insert, punch 10 leaves from Light Green Sugar Sheets! Position between flowers.