Baseball Mitt Cake
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
We suggest that you tint all icing at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 2 2/3 cups buttercream icing
• Tint 1 3/4 cups brown - combine Brown and Red-Red
• Tint 1/4 cup light brown - combine Brown and Red-Red (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Tint 1/3 cup dark brown - combine Brown and Red-Red
• Tint 1/4 cup red - use Christmas Red
• Reserve 1/3 cup white (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order:
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board. Ice baseball with thinned white icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 3 to outline stitching on baseball with red icing.
Ice pocket area smooth with thinned light brown icing. Use tip 8 to outline stitching in this area with light brown icing. Use tip 8 to pipe top of pocket are in dark brown icing.
Use tip 4 to pipe stitching on glove with dark brown icing.
Use tip 16 to cover top and sides of glove with stars with brown icing.
Use tip 8 to outline thick stitching in dark brown icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Get Inspiration and Great Deals
Yes, I want to receive new decorating ideas and exclusive offers from Wilton. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more