Baseball Mitt Cake
Commemorate your favorite team’s Opening Day, the first Little League game, or a baseball fanatic’s birthday with a cake designed to catch everyone’s interest. The Baseball Mitt pan creates this detailed shape with ease!
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Baseball Mitt Pan Add to shopping list Baseball Mitt Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
We suggest that you tint all icing at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 2 2/3 cups buttercream icing
• Tint 1 3/4 cups brown - combine Brown and Red-Red
• Tint 1/4 cup light brown - combine Brown and Red-Red (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Tint 1/3 cup dark brown - combine Brown and Red-Red
• Tint 1/4 cup red - use Christmas Red
• Reserve 1/3 cup white (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order:
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board. Ice baseball with thinned white icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 3 to outline stitching on baseball with red icing.
Ice pocket area smooth with thinned light brown icing. Use tip 8 to outline stitching in this area with light brown icing. Use tip 8 to pipe top of pocket are in dark brown icing.
Use tip 4 to pipe stitching on glove with dark brown icing.
Use tip 16 to cover top and sides of glove with stars with brown icing.
Use tip 8 to outline thick stitching in dark brown icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.