Baroque Impressions in Blue and White Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
Cake serves 68.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Easy-Add Baroque Fondant & Gum Paste Mold Add to shopping list Baroque Fondant & Gum Paste Mold
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare for stacked construction.
Prepare for covering with rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with white fondant rolled 1/8 in thick; smooth with fondant smoother.
Tint 24 oz. of fondant light blue. Press fondant into cornstarch-dusted molds. Make four roses, 24 leaves, 24 medium paisleys and 8 pearl chains. Roll mold with small fondant roller. Remove fondant pieces with knife that has been greased with shortening in order to not tear fondant.
Attach fondant pieces to cake with thinned fondant adhesive. Add large pearl chain fondant piece for bottom border on top tier.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more