Baroque Beauty Cake
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (72 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake Serves 116 **
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add First Kiss Wedding Topper Add to shopping list First Kiss Wedding Topper
- Easy-Add Tailored Tiers Cake Display Set Add to shopping list Tailored Tiers Cake Display Set
- Designer Pattern Press Set (Corner Flourish, Small Fleur-de-Lis)Easy-Add Designer Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Designer Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare for Tailored Tiers Construction. Place tiers on same-size cake circles; ice smooth with buttercream.
Tint 36 oz. fondant light and 36 oz. dark moss green; roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Cut 5 x 1 in. wide strips; attach to cake sides with dots of icing, alternating colors and trimming ends to match cake height.
Use Cake Dividing Set to divide top tier into 5ths, middle into 8ths, bottom into 12ths. Using Corner Flourish, imprint design on right and left of division marks; there will be about 1/2 in. between design ends. Use small Fleur-de-Lis to imprint 4 flourishes inside each design, positioning straight center line between center and outside points; there will be a 1/4 to 1/2 in. gap at center. Outline imprints using tip 5 and royal icing. Pipe center and scrolls with dots to connect all designs.
At reception: Position tiers on plates and pipe tip 5 bead top and bottom borders. Assemble tiers with separators from cake display set; position ornament.†
† Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more