Barn Raising Cake
Fashion a fanciful farmyard inhabited by fondant-headed critters baked in our Silly Critters Silicone Baking Cups. Convert Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan cakes into a colorful outbuilding using piped-icing architectural details.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (24 ounces needed for 10-12 animals)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serve 12, each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2B Add to shopping list Tip: 2B
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Silly-Critters™ Silicone Baking Cups Add to shopping list Silly-Critters™ Silicone Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
In advance: Make fondant animal heads. Tint about 1 1/2 oz. fondant for each. Attach fondant pieces using a damp brush. Pipe details using royal icing. Let heads dry on cornstarch-dusted surface at least 24 hours.
Bake and cool large cupcake in pan and Silly-Critters cupcakes in silicone cups supported by cookie sheet.
For barn, turn bottom cupcake section narrow side up on prepared board. Mark 2 x 3 in. door and 1 1/2 in. square windows with toothpick. Pipe in openings and bottom of door with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover barn bottom with tip 12 lines. Outline door and windows with tip 8. Pipe tip 3 pull-out hay. Position barn top on same size board; stack top on bottom. Pipe rows of tip 2B lines starting at bottom edge for roof. For animals, tint icing to match heads. Cover tops and build up with tip 2A; smooth with spatula. Position heads; insert tails. Pipe tip 3 pull-out dot fringe for tip of cow tail; outline and fill in spots on cow.
*Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.