Baker's Dozen Rose Cake
For Valentine’s Day, wedding day or any day special, this rose-topped heart cake says it all. It’s the ideal clutter-free design to show off your skills at making gum paste roses, picked up in your Gum Paste and Fondant Course.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Modeling tool
- Ball tool
- Veining tool
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Craft block
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
3 days in advance: Make 13 white full-bloom gum paste roses following Gum Paste and Fondant Course instructions. Let dry. Brush with Pearl Dust.
Bake and cool 2-layer heart cake. Prepare for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Tint 24 oz. fondant rose. Cover cake with fondant; smooth with fondant smoother. Pipe tip 6 bead bottom border in buttercream. Insert roses in cake top.