Baby's Big Day Cake
Decorate a special cake just for baby with a Color Flow crib and drop flowers. Tiny bracelets and rattles make perfect party favors, too.
3 Box cake mixes or 18 cups batter
- Easy-Add Cornflower Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Cornflower Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 36.
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 19 Add to shopping list Tip: 19
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add 12 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Sheet Pan Add to shopping list Sheet Pan
- Barefoot Baby
- Baby Bracelets
- Baby Rattles
Tape waxed paper over Baby Crib pattern and trace over outlines for each of the 4 crib sides with Color Flow icing and tip 5. When dry, carefully peep each crib side off waxed paper, turn over and retrace vertical and horizontal crib bars.
Cut a 9" square, a 4" x 8" rectangle and 1" square from the 9 x 13" sheet cake. Divide the rectangle diagonally and ice one section blue, the other yellow. Ice 1" square all yellow
Deepen remaining yellow and blue icings and make 75 each gold and bright blue tip 225 drop flower with tip 2 centers.
Position 9" square atop corner of 12" square. Ice both pink.
Make tip 16 shell border around 9" and 12" cake tops, rosette border around 9" cake base. Add tip 2 dots to rosette and tip 2 beads to shell border on 12" cake. Make tip 19 shell border around 12" cake base.
Position rectangle cake diagonally atop 9" cake for crib, adding tip 104 ruffle and tip 2 beading around crib base.
Color-strip decorating bag pink and fit with tip 103 so narrow end is near strip. Use to make blanket ruffle on crib cake top and sided, adding tip 2 beading. Position 1" yellow pillow cake atop crib and trim with tip 2 beading and scallops.
Assemble color flow crib sections around rectangle, using white icing to "cement" corners.
Attach drop flowers to rectangle's shells border alternating yellow and blue
Print tip 2 message on cake tops and position Barefoot Baby, Baby bracelets and Baby rattles.