Baby Reveal Buggy Cake
This cute carriage cake is just stopping by to deliver the good news. Once the cake is cut, the batter color will reveal the gender of the baby! Create this cute cake using the Baby Buggy Cake Pan.
Favorite White Cake Recipe or Mix
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Baby Buggy Pan Add to shopping list Baby Buggy Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
Tint cake batter pink or blue. Bake and cool cake.
Use cake pan as pattern to cut double cake boards and cover with foil.
Ice smooth background areas with white icing.
Pipe outlines with tip 3: Use light yellow icing for buggy and hood indentations; light green icing for center band on buggy.
Pipe stars with tip 16: Use light yellow icing for hood and base of buggy; light green icing for center band of buggy.
To make wheels, pipe spokes using tip 5 and light green icing; pipe tip 12 wheel; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 12 dot in centers of wheels; pat smooth.
For handle, pipe outline using tip 12 and light green icing; pat smooth.
Make seven to ten flowers. Pipe five teardrops using tip 3 and white icing. Add tip 3 yellow dot centers. Position one flower on each wheel center. Position five flowers at base of buggy hood; attach all with icing.
Print message using tip 4 and light green icing.
To make baby, color 2 3/4 oz. of fondant light creamy peach. Roll out 1/4 in. thick. Use largest round Cut-Out to cut head. Tint 1/4 oz. of fondant black; roll 1/16 in. thick. Use tip 2A to cut sunglasses; trim off 1/4 in. from top of glasses. Roll a small piece of light creamy peach fondant for nose and a small pieces of black fondant for mouth and center of glasses; attach to cake with icing.