Baby Chimp's Ready to Chomp! Mini Cake
Monkey around with a Mini Stand-Up Teddy Bear Pan Set to create a chimpanzee shape. Then give the cute critter a cupcake inscribed with directions for its use.
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Vanilla wafer cookies
Mini cake serves 4.
- Easy-Add Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Waxed paper
Bake and cool cupcake and mini cake. Trim ears off mini cake; position on foil-wrapped Cake Circle or serving plate.
For ears, trim vanilla wafers to a crescent shape to fit curve of head. For legs, begin with a 1/2 x 4 in. log of fondant; shape to get a wider thigh tapering to narrow ankle with teardrop-shaped, angled foot. Attach ears and legs with icing. Use tip 5 to outline and fill in inner ears, face and foot pads (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Overpipe muzzle; smooth. Pipe tip 3 dot eyes (flatten slightly) and outline mouth. Pipe tip 2 outline nostrils. Cover body with tip 16 stars. Ice cupcake smooth; position between legs.
For arms, roll 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in. logs; shape for bent elbow and slightly flattened hand. Attach with icing, resting hands on cupcake. Lift arm; outline and pipe in palms with tip 5 (pat smooth) and replace on cupcake. Cover arms with tip 16 stars. For tail, shape a fondant rope 1/4 x 5 1/2 in. long. Curl and attach to back bottom with icing. Cover with tip 16 stars. Print tip 3 message on cupcake.