Pretty in Pastels Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Favorite cake recipe or 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Baby Buggy Pan Add to shopping list Baby Buggy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 in. long 5/8 in. wide satin ribbon
- cake knife
- Waxed paper
This pretty shower cake couldn't be easier to decorate, using easy-to-shape rolled fondant and royal icing flowers made in advance.
At least 2 days before decorating cake, make royal icing drop flowers using tip 225 in rose and violet (approximately 70 flowers are used in this project - make additional in case of breakage); add tip 2 white dot flower centers. Allow to dry completely.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in Baby Buggy pan.
Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Cut cake board to fit cake; wrap with fanci-foil. Arrange cake on prepared cake board.
Tint 3/4 of rolled fondant (18 oz.) light Kelly Green; reserve the remaining 1/4 white. Spatula ice cake top and sides smooth with thin layer of buttercream.
Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover handle and background areas of buggy; smooth with palm of hand. Reserve remaining white. Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover buggy; smooth.
Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Cut thin (1/8 in. wide) strips for wheel spokes. Using a damp brush, attach strips to wheels; trim off excess. Cut a 1 x 15 in. strip for rim of buggy; attach with damp brush.
Using dots of buttercream, attach drop flowers to wheels, handle area and rim area.
Make a satin ribbon bow; attach with buttercream.