Baby Bear Cake
Transform an Animal Crackers Pan cake into a too cute cub! Use our Round Cut-Outs, Cutter/Embosser tool and rolled fondant to fashion a textured bonnet and colorful pacifier.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Animal Crackers Pan Add to shopping list Animal Crackers Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Craft knife
In advance: Make fondant bonnet and bow. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; using pattern and craft knife, cut bonnet.
Using ridged Cutter/Embosser wheel and ruler, mark 1/2 in. wide criss-cross design on bonnet.
Roll 1/4 in. diameter fondant rope and attach with water to trim bonnet edge; roll and attach 1/4 in. diameter balls to bonnet front.
Cut two 1 x 6 in. bow loops and two 3 in. streamers.
Attach loop ends together with water and stand on side to dry. Roll 1 in. round ball for knot. Use Embosser to mark criss-cross design on bow and knot as on bonnet.
To make pacifier: Tint a 1 in. fondant ball blue. Use medium round Cut-Out and blue tinted fondant to make base; roll small ball for handle and attach to base with water.
Let all fondant pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Ice inside of ears smooth. Cover face and muzzle with tip 18 stars. Pipe in tip 4 nose and eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe tip 18 swirls for hair.
Position pacifier, bow and streamers.