BBQ All-Stars Mini Cakes
These fondant-striped petit fours are easy-grab treats guaranteed to grab guests’ attention. A Round Cutter is used to cut cake circles which are wrapped in a fondant flag design.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (14 oz. covers 6 treats)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Each Mini-cake serves 1
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- 6 in. Lollipop Sticks (cut to 3 in. lengths)Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
Step 1: In advance: Make fondant stars. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut stars using largest Cut-Out. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board. Attach Lollipop Stick to back using melted candy, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended. Chill until firm. Brush front with damp brush; sprinkle on Sparkling Sugar. Let dry.
Step 2: Bake and cool 1-layer cake, 1 1/2 in. high, using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Cut rounds with knife using largest Cut-Out as a guide. Ice lightly.
Step 3: Tint fondant: 3 oz. each blue, red; reserve 6 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. For top, cut blue round using largest Cut-Out; attach using damp brush. For side, cut a white 1 1/2 x 8 in. strip; attach. For stripes, cut three 1/4 x 8 in. red strips; attach, about 1/4 in. apart. Insert stars.