B-R-R-RD Watcher Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- 2 Large marshmallows
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Snowman Pan Add to shopping list Snowman Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Pizza cutter
In advance, using patterns and fondant, roll out and cut broom base and bird. Let dry hard on cornstarch-dusted surface. Cover bird with tip 1 pull-out feathers in royal icing. Add tip 2 pull-out beak, tail, dot eyes and string lashes.
Prepare snowman cake for rolled fondant; cover cake with 48 oz. fondant. Reserve excess pieces. Tint 12 oz. fondant black and 12 oz. Red-Red/Christmas Red combination. Use portion of remaining white fondant to form a 3 1/2 x 8 in. piece for right arm. Position, tapering end to blend piece at shoulder.
Make scarf in 3 pieces: for horizontal piece, roll out and use pizza cutter to cut red fondant into 11 x 2 in. rectangle. Position around neck, shaping folds with fingers. For short vertical piece, roll and cut a 2 1/2 x 4 in. section, cut fringe with scissors and position under horizontal piece. For long vertical piece, roll and cut a 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 in. section; cut fringe and position.
Divide remaining reserved fondant into fourths and tint gray, orange, green and brown. For broom, roll out brown fondant and cover dowel rod. Pinch to form around rod and use spatula to form indentations. Insert broom under arm.
Shape a 1 1/2 in. orange cone for carrot nose; indent with spatula and attach to cake with melted candy. Form black fondant eyes and mouth, white cheeks; attach with candy.
Cover hat area with black fondant, flaring out at top. Cut gray hat band, 3/4 in. wide; indent with spatula and attach with damp brush. For brim, cut a 12 x 2 in. piece of black fondant, fold lengthwise in half, pinch at edge and attach with water; smooth edge with fingers to blend into hat. Using pattern, cut out green fondant holly, roll red balls for berries and attach with melted candy.
Attach broom base piece to broomstick with melted candy; attach marshmallow to side of cake to hold base. Pipe tip 2 outline bristles in royal icing. Attach a band of brown fondant above bristles; indent with spatula. For buttons, roll 5/8 in. diameter balls of black fondant; indent and attach with candy.
Attach bird to broom with melted candy. Pipe tip 2 string feet.