Avast Me, Party! Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Sapphire Blue Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Sapphire Blue Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 15; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Pirate Ship Pan Add to shopping list Pirate Ship Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Mini Noah's Ark Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Mini Noah's Ark Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- 1/2 in. foamcore board (16" x 15")
- Paring Knife
In advance: Make fondant waves. Tint fondant Royal Blue and mix in 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using pattern, and knife, cut out 7 waves, each 17 in. long. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. When dry, brush with Pearl Dust.
Also: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. For standing skeletons, cut out 5 cookies using bear cutter; cut off ears. Bake and cool. Ice cookies smooth; pipe tip 1 outline skeletons and bandanas, dot facial features.
Bake and cool ship cake and 3 mini loaf cakes. On foil-wrapped board position ship cake and 3 mini cakes at bottom edge, end to end. Ice sides, deck, portholes, background areas of ship and wave section smooth. Using tip 4, outline deck. Using tip 12, outline mast, boomlines and portholes. Outline and pipe in sails with tip 5 (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Ice crow’s nest smooth; outline with tip 5. Outline and pipe in tip 3 small flag and tip 4 large flag. Using tip 3 add skulls and crossbones; pipe tip 1 facial features. Cover ship with tip 21 stripes. Using tip 1, pipe skeletons with bandanas in portholes. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom border.
Starting from ship and working outward, position waves, cutting to fit as necessary. Separate with sugar cubes and secure with fondant adhesive. Position cookies on cake.
*Combine Brown with Black and Red-Red for light and dark brown shades shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more