See how a classic cupcake can blossom with the addition of a colorful gum paste mum! Pair the warm colors of fall’s signature flower with a rich chocolate icing for a treat that greets the season.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
white vegetable shortening
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Standard White Baking Cups Add to shopping list Standard White Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- 2 Dowel Rods (1/4 in.)Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- 2-pc. Mum Cutters (included in Gum Paste and Fondant Kit)
- Rose cutter set (included in Gum Paste and Fondant Kit)
- Flower Forming Cup (small)Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- foam cup
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Facial tissue
In advance: Make flowers. Tint gum paste orange and yellow using neon fondant. For each cupcake make 1 mum following course instructions. Tint gum paste green using primary fondant. Roll out less than 1/16 in. thick. Cut one leaf for each cupcake using rose leaf cutter, following course instructions. Make extras of all to allow for breakage and let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth with chocolate buttercream. Position mums and leaves on cupcakes.