Autumn Leaves Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Softened butter
- 1 cup milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- caramel ice cream topping
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Green Brush-On Color™ Add to shopping list Green Brush-On Color™
- Easy-Add Yellow Brush-On Color™ Add to shopping list Yellow Brush-On Color™
- Easy-Add Orange Brush-On Color™ Add to shopping list Orange Brush-On Color™
Cake serves 16.
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Leaf Cut-Outs™ (large, small used)Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Color Tray Add to shopping list Color Tray
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking pan with vegetable pan spray.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Cut cake into 2 layers. Combine 1/2 cup icing with ice cream topping; spread between cake layers. Lightly ice cake with remaining icing.
To Decorate: Roll out and completely cover cake with white fondant. Smooth with palm of hand or Easy Glide Fondant Smoother.
Use colored fondants to create leaves: roll out fondant 1/8 inch thick, either directly from the package, combining colors to create new colors or marbling 2 or more colors. Using the largest leaf cutter, cut out 3 or 4 leaves at a time in various colors.
Position on cake, attaching with brush dipped in water; smooth edges with fingers, to cover entire cake.
For border, roll out colored fondant 1/8 inch thick. Using smallest leaf cutter, cut out leaves in various colors.
Attach to bottom of cake using brush dipped in water.
Create leaf "veins" using thin ropes of colored fondant or painting them on using Brush-On Color™.