Autumn Blaze Cookies
Bring the brilliant colors of autumn to your kitchen table with Autumn Blaze Cookies. These leaf-shaped sugar cookies get their color from tinted cookie dough or from frosting and decorating sugars.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Orange Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Chocolate Jimmies Add to shopping list Chocolate Jimmies
3 sticks unsalted butter softened
1 cup granulated sugar
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
Each cookie serves 1.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture, 1 cup at time, mixing well after each addition. Do not chill dough.
Divide dough into 5 portions. Tint portions of dough orange, green, yellow and red; reserve some without coloring.
For marbleized multi-color leaves, place 2 or 3 pieces of different tinted dough colors side by side; roll out dough about 1/4-inch thick. Cut with leaf cutters.
For sugared leaves, roll out uncolored dough 1/4-inch thick. Cut with leaf cutters. Sprinkle, as desired, with colored sugar.
To make veins on leaves, thin a small amount of dough with water to piping consistency; place in parchment or disposable decorating bag fitted with tip #3. Roll out tinted or plain dough about 1/4-inch thick. Cut with leaf cutters. Pipe leaf veins on cookies with thinned dough.
For acorns, tint plain dough brown; roll out 1/4-inch thick. Cut cookies with acorn cutters. Decorate with jimmies.
Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool completely on cooling grid.