April Showers Cake
Decorated in pretty pastel umbrellas, this shower cake is a charming way to celebrate a new arrival! Create the umbrellas with the great variety of Sugar Sheets colors.
- Easy-Add Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Green Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Waves Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Waves Border Cutting Insert
- Craft knife
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Round Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Round Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
Bake and cool two-layer cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake board. Ice smooth with buttercream.
Using border punch with Waves Cutting Insert, cut two waves along the length of Light Blue Sugar Sheets! Cut a 6 in. wave design along the short end of sheet. The three cut waves will be enough to go completely around the cake. Using craft knife or scissors, trim to 3/4 in. high.
Attach waves to bottom of cake using piping gel, overlapping if necessary.
For umbrellas, use second smallest round cutter as a guide and black FoodWriter to trace circle on back side of Light Pink, Light Yellow and Light Green Sugar Sheets! Using scissors, cut across circle 1 1/2 in. from top curve. Use border punch with Scallop Border Cutting Insert to cut a three-scallop design. Cut three umbrellas in each color.
Using matching FoodWriter markers, draw rib lines on the umbrellas. Attach each umbrella to cake using piping gel, varying position on cake side. Attach matching color confetti sprinkle to the top point of each umbrella with piping gel.
For umbrella handle, use scissors to cut strips, 3 long x 1/8 in. wide, from the matching Sugar Sheets! colors. Curl bottom of strip into handle shape. Attach handles to umbrellas using piping gel, sliding handle under umbrella 1/4 in.
For top umbrella, use second largest round cutter from set and FoodWriter to trace circle on back side of Light Blue Sugar Sheets! Cut out circle with scissors, then cut in half. Using scissors, cut three scallops, 1 3/8 in. wide, on straight edge of both halves.
Draw rib lines with blue FoodWriter. Using piping gel, attach umbrella halves together with lollipop stick in between.
Attach blue confetti sprinkle at the top point of umbrella using piping gel. Insert in center of cake. Position confetti sprinkles on top of cake.