Another Year, Another Flame Cake
If you feel the candle count on your birthday cake has reached fire hazard status, try Another Year, Another Flame. This two-tier birthday cake is supported by giant candle pillars.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- 1 Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set 8 in. plateEasy-Add Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Twist Legs Add to shopping list 9 in. Twist Legs
- Easy-Add Smiley Flames Chunky Candles Add to shopping list Smiley Flames Chunky Candles
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add 12 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
*Combine Violet and Rose for violet shades shown. Combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow for green shades shown.
One day in advance, divide 25 oz. fondant in 4ths and tint each portion light rose, light violet, light blue and light green In addition, tint 1/2 oz. portions of white fondant a darker shade of each color.
Roll out the lighter color fondant to 1/4 in. thick, measure 8 x 4 in. pieces, trim with smooth cutter and wrap 5 twist legs leaving 1 in. space at top for flame, and 4 in. at bottom to go into cake.
Roll out darker shades 1/8 in. thick and cut 1/4 in. wide x 8 in. long strips. Use 2 strips for each candle, and attach strips, securing with damp brush.
Tint 10 oz. fondant lemon yellow with a touch of golden yellow. Use 2 oz. for each flame, shape and attach.
For candle that will be placed on 6 in. cake, mold the flame higher and curved to the side. Let dry.
Ice 2-layer 6 and 10 in. cakes smooth and prepare for push-in pillar construction. Pipe tip 21 star top and bottom borders. Pipe tip 6 message. Add tip 4 dots.
Insert pillars into cake. Using 2 oz. white fondant, roll 8 in. long ropes and wrap around bases of candles.
Using veining tool included in Confectionery Tool Set, imprint lines on fondant.
Pipe tip 18 rosettes on cake top and insert candles.