Anniversary Flair Cake
After so many years of marriage, celebrate with Anniversary Flair. The top tier of this cake is decorated simply with fondant bows, and the bottom tier is adorned with delicate icing lacework.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 50.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add White Pearl Beading (6mm) Add to shopping list White Pearl Beading (6mm)
- Pizza cutter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tea Strainer
- Waxed paper
- Non-toxic pastel chalk
Several days in advance, make "25" topper.
Tint 1 1/2 pks. of fondant rose and a 1 in. ball of fondant green; reserve remaining white.
Follow instructions in flower cutter set to make 1 large full-bloom rose and 3 small roses, all on toothpicks instead of wires.
Using leaf cutter from set, make 8 to 10 green leaves, let dry on flower formers.
When dry, grate chalk through tea strainer and brush on leaves.
To make bows, roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 10-12 strips 1 in. x 3 in., reserving excess fondant. Fold strips in half and pinch ends together. Set on edge in cornstarch to dry.
When dry, trim ends and press two loops together to form bow. Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 1/2 in. wide strips for streamers and center knot. Attach knot strip around bow with water. Set aside**.
Prepare 6 in. and 10 in. cakes for
stacked construction. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Cover 10 in. cake with 1 1/2 pks. of white fondant and 6 in. cake with rose fondant. Smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Cover 10 in. cake with tip 1 cornelli lace. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom border on both tiers.
Position streamers, then bows on 10 in. cake; insert numbers on top tier. Attach roses and leaves with icing.
**Store in a dark place before reception to avoid fading.