An Uplifting Love Cake
Create an expression of love with this romantic tiered cake. Sparkling sugar adds glimmer to this elegant cake design. The First Kiss Wedding Topper shows true love’s kiss.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 262.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add First Kiss Wedding Topper Add to shopping list First Kiss Wedding Topper
- Easy-Add 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add 12 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 12 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add 16 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 16 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add 9 in. Crystal-Look Twist Legs Add to shopping list 9 in. Crystal-Look Twist Legs
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 20 in. plywood or foamcore circle (1/2 inch thick)
- 10 in. square craft block
Two weeks in advance: Make bubble sticks. You will need 28 for 10 in. cake, 40 for 14 in. cake, 54 for 18 in. cake. Cut lollipop sticks in various lengths no shorter than 10 in.; leave some full-length sticks. Roll approximately 885 fondant balls, 1/2 to 3/4 in. diameter. Insert 7 to 8 balls on each stick, leaving 4 in. extended. Attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Let dry 2-4 hours. Brush balls with thin coat of Piping Gel and cover with Sparkling Sugar. Let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes (bake 4 half-rounds to create 18 x 4 in. base cake); using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Ice smooth in buttercream. Prepare cakes for Push-In Pillar Construction. Mark cakes in 3 1/4 in. sections. Pipe tip 9 drop strings, 1 1/2 in. deep at each division; overpipe twice with tip 7, then tip 3 strings. Pipe tip 7 drop strings, 1 in. deep at each division; overpipe with tip 3 drop string. Pipe a tip 9 ball at each division point. Pipe tip 7 bead bottom border on all cakes.
At reception: Assemble cakes. Insert bubble sticks 1 in. apart and 5/8 in. from edge on each cake. Position topper.