An Egg-cellent Easter Candy
This egg-shaped candy is all that it’s cracked up to be? it’s filled with an Easter staple! The Silicone Mini Decorated Egg Mold is the base for your candy Easter egg.
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
White Candy Melts® Candy (1 bag makes 2 treats)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Each candy serves 1.
- Easy-Add Silicone Mini Decorated Egg Mold Add to shopping list Silicone Mini Decorated Egg Mold
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Jumbo White Baking Cups Add to shopping list Jumbo White Baking Cups
- Zip-Close Plastic Bag
Using candy colors, tint portions of melted white candy blue, yellow, pink and violet. With parchment triangles, pipe tinted candy into design sections in egg mold. Chill to set.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of melted white candy into the bottom of egg mold. Brush candy up the sides. Chill to set. Repeat process until shell is 1/4 in. thick.
Remove eggs from pan by pulling egg mold away from candy. Smooth edge of eggs by rubbing on a heated cookie sheet.
Fill half of the egg with jelly beans. Pipe candy on edge of egg; attach egg halves together. Chill to set.
For grass base, tint white candy with green candy color with yellow for green shade shown. Fill bottom of baking cup 3/8 in. deep. Tap to level out candy. Using cut bag, pipe up side of cup 1/2 in. to 3/4 in. Chill firm. Peel baking cup off and remove candy grass cup.
Tint coconut by placing desired amount of coconut in plastic bag, add a little color with toothpick and knead until color is evenly blended. Sprinkle in grass in base. Position egg.
Note: To crack open egg for hidden treat, either use a knife to cut open like shown or simply strike against a hard surface.