An Angel Among Us Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 199 Add to shopping list Tip: 199
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 14 in. Spiral Separator Set Add to shopping list 14 in. Spiral Separator Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 2007 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2007 Pattern Book
- Flat board
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane Tape
Several days in advance: Make fondant bassinet back, back scallops, pillow, blanket top edge and baby.
Also in advance: Make drop flowers using royal icing. Make 140 tip 225 yellow, 140 tip 224 blue, 140 tip 224 pink, 10 tip 225 white. Add tip 2 white dot centers to all. Make extras to allow for breakage; let dry.
Ice 2-layer cake sides smooth with white buttercream; let icing set. Make scalloped patterns for cake sides by cutting 4 in. wide sheets of waxed paper long enough to wrap around each cake completely. Divide sheet for 8 in. cake into 6ths and sheet for 12 in. cake into 10ths.
On top edge of each sheet, draw scallop pattern 1 1/2 in. deep between each division point; cut scallops with scissors. Place lower portion of scallop sheets around each cake; secure with tape. Ice exposed top and side areas smooth with yellow buttercream; remove sheets. Prepare cakes for stacked construction.
Pipe tip 12 shell at the beginning point of each scallop and cover with flower clusters. Pipe tip 3 vine between flower clusters following the scallops; attach flowers to vines. Add tip 349 leaves to flowers and clusters. Randomly pipe tip 2 dots on top and sides of cake. Pipe tip 199 shell bottom borders topped with tip 13 diagonal zigzags.
Insert bassinet into cake top. Attach assorted flowers to top of bassinet with royal icing.
To make fondant bassinet back, back scallops, pillow, blanket top edge and baby: Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using patterns, cut bassinet back and pillow.
For bassinet back scallops, cut 10 circles using smallest round Cut-Out; cut circles in half. Roll out fondant 3/8 in. thick. Using patterns, cut blanket top edge. Tint 1 oz. fondant peach; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut baby head using medium round Cut-Out; trim 1/8 in. off bottom edge. Reserve remaining peach fondant. Let all pieces dry on waxed-paper covered surface dusted with cornstarch.
Attach pillow and blanket top edge pieces to bassinet back with thinned fondant adhesive. Attach head to meet blanket top edge. Draw eyes and mouth with black FoodWriter.
Using reserved peach fondant, roll small balls for nose, ears and cheeks; attach with damp brush. Roll 4 fondant logs, 2 x 3/8 in. diameter, tapered at top end.
Attach logs to bassinet back piece with damp brush, even with bottom edge. Roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick. Using pattern, cut skirt; position over logs, pressing and smoothing to create ruffled look. Trim as needed and let dry.
Attach 6 in. lollipop stick to back of bassinet back piece with royal icing; let dry. Pipe tip 2 outline and swags where blanket top edge meets skirt; attach a royal icing drop flower at each swag point. Attach bassinet scallops around top edge of bassinet with thinned fondant adhesive.