Amazing Amazon Cake
It’s a jungle out there, and Amazing Amazon brings the jungle to your party. This cake features two tiers separated by fondant jungle animals. Jungle animal icing decorations peek out of the grass, while an elephant sits among pretzel rod palm trees. Amazing!
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Jungle Pals Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Jungle Pals Icing Decorations
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- 2 Globe Pillar Sets 2 eachEasy-Add Globe Pillar Sets Add to shopping list Globe Pillar Sets
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Embroidery scissors
- Waxed paper
- Facial tissue
- Elephant Ears, Grass Patterns
*Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shade shown.
In advance: Make 3 palm trees. Combine 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 5 oz. of fondant; tint green. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Using large leaf Cut-Out, cut 6 leaves for each tree; cut slits in sides to form individual leaves.
Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry on backs of cornstarch-dusted large flower formers.
For bottom layer of leaves, pipe a tip 12 mound of royal icing on waxed paper; insert 4 leaves. Support leaves with tissue and let dry.
For top layer, pipe tip 12 mound in center of bottom layer; insert 3 leaves in mound and support with tissue until dry.
Cut end of pretzel rod level. Turn leaf grouping over; pipe a tip 12 mound on back and attach pretzel rod. Let dry.
Also: Make animals. Tint 13 oz. of fondant yellow, 9 oz. green, 8 oz. each brown and gray, 4 oz. orange, 1 oz. each black, light brown and rose; reserve 8 oz. white.
Make each animal using 2 1/2 in. globe for head and 2 in. globe for body.
Roll out yellow for lion, gray for elephant, brown for monkey and white for zebra 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 2 3/4 x 9 in. strip for each body and head. Brush globes with piping gel and cover with fondant; smooth with fingers.
For all animals except elephant, make sure to keep globe openings clear of fondant, so pillars will fit.
For elephant, tape opening on top of head to seal, then cover head completely in fondant.
For all animals except elephant, roll a 1 in. ball of matching color fondant for snout; flatten into a 1 1/4 in. oval and attach with damp brush. Roll 1 1/2 x 3/4 in. logs for all bottom legs and 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. logs for all top legs; attach with damp brush.
For all eyes, roll and attach 1/4 in. balls; for all top foot pads, roll and attach 1/2 in. flat circles; for all bottom foot pads, roll and attach 5/8 in. flat circles.
For tiger, monkey and lion noses, roll 1/2 in. flat balls; attach with damp brush.
On zebra, indent mouth and nostrils with veining tool from confectionery set.
Attach a small piece of rose fondant for tongue with damp brush. Shape 5/8 in. white balls into triangles for ears and attach with damp brush; shape tiny rose triangles and attach for inside ears.
For zebra hair, cut a 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. black strip; cut slits for fringe and attach above eyes with damp brush. Draw stripes with black FoodWriter.
For tiger ears, shape 5/8 in. yellow balls into triangles and attach; add rose triangle for inside ears. Draw stripes with orange FoodWriter.
For monkey ears, roll out brown fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut using medium oval Cut-Out. Trim 1/4 in. off a long side. For inside ears, roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut using smallest oval Cut-Out, then trim a long side to fit. Attach ear pieces with damp brush.
Draw mouth with black FoodWriter.
For hair, cut a 1 1/2 x 3/4 in.
light brown strip; cut slits to fringe and attach with damp brush.
For lion mane, roll out orange fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. strips. Cut slits for fringe and attach in layers around head with damp brush; repeat as needed to create a full mane. Draw mouth with black FoodWriter.
For elephant, imprint toes with veining tool. Roll out gray and rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut ears and inside ears using pattern. Attach ear pieces with damp brush. Roll a 4 x 3/4 in. rope for trunk; taper at one end, flatten the other end and attach with damp brush.
Ice cakes (3 in. high) smooth in buttercream and prepare for globe pillar construction; insert a pillar at center of top tier to support elephant and trim to height of cake.
Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut grass sections using pattern; attach at bottom border with dots of icing. Draw grass lines with green FoodWriter.
Attach icing decorations to cake sides with dots of icing.
Insert pillars from set in cake tops; insert animals on bottom tier. Position top tier on 10 in. plate and position on bottom tier pillars.
Position elephant on a cardboard circle cut to fit and place on cake top. Insert palm trees.