Cookie Sheets & Je…
Almond Hanukkah Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
- 1/2 cup almonds Finely chopped (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon No Color Almond Extract (optional)Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
Each cookie serves 1.
Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and almond extract. Add flour mixture, and if desired, almonds to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
Place cookie dough on plastic wrap; shape into a disk. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out dough about 1/8 inch thick on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters, dipping cutters in flour before each use.
Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Combine confectioners´ sugar, water, and if desired, almond extract in medium bowl; stir until smooth. (Icing should pour easily from spoon.)
Divide icing into thirds; color one third blue, one third yellow and reserve one third white.
Spoon over cooled cookies; sprinkle as desired with colored sugars.
Makes approximately 3-1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies
*For best results, use only the stick form of margarine for baking, not spreads in stick or tubs.