Almond Berry Tart
- 1/2 pkgs (about 8 ounces) sugar cookie dough refrigerated
- 1/2 cup almonds finely ground
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
- 1 pkg (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups assorted blackberries, raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
Dessert serves about 12.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9-inch tart pan with vegetable pan spray.
Crumble cookie dough into medium bowl.
Add ground almonds and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; knead together ingredients until well mixed.
Shape dough into a round disk. Place dough between parchment paper; using rolling pin, roll dough to form an 11-inch round. Remove top piece of parchment.
Carefully invert dough into prepared tart pan; remove remaining parchment. Gently press dough into base and sides of pan.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; cool 5-10 minutes.
Carefully loosen edges of crust from pan; remove crust with base from rim of pan and cool completely.
In small bowl, whisk cheesecake pudding mix, milk, sour cream and remaining ½ teaspoon of almond extract until smooth.
Spoon pudding mixture into cooled tart crust, spreading evenly. Arrange berries over top of pudding mixture as desired.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
If desired, sprinkle confectioners' sugar over berries before serving.