All Hallow's Eve Cookies
Even your littlest ghosts can help you decorate All Hallow’s Eve Cookies. Cut cookies out with Halloween cutters and decorate with Halloween sprinkles, Color Mist Spray, and FoodWriter Edible Color Markers.
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
1 cup granulated sugar
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
2 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour
- Easy-Add Assorted Halloween Sprinkles, Sugars and Nonpareils Add to shopping list Assorted Halloween Sprinkles, Sugars and Nonpareils
- Easy-Add Orange Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Orange Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Yellow Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Yellow Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Black Ready-To-Use Gel Add to shopping list Black Ready-To-Use Gel
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Orange Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Orange Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Green Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Black FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker Add to shopping list Black FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker
- Easy-Add Orange FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker Add to shopping list Orange FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker
Each cookie serves 1.
- 18 Piece Halloween Cookie Cutter Set (use Candy Corn, Spider Web, Pumpkin, Ghost and Moon)Easy-Add 18 Piece Halloween Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 18 Piece Halloween Cookie Cutter Set
Preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
The dough will be very stiff; if necessary, blend last flour in by hand (if dough becomes too stiff, add water, a teaspoon at a time). Do not chill dough.
Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dipping cutters into flour before each use, cut out cookies.
Decorate cookies with sugars and sprinkles and bake, or bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet then decorate (see suggestions below).
Bake for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
Candy Corn: After cookie dough is cut, sprinkle orange and yellow sugars on cookies and bake. Or, bake cookies, cool completely, then using Color Mist™, spray bottom third of cookie yellow and the middle third orange.
Spider Web: Bake cookies; cool completely. Using black decorating gel, pipe lines for webbing. Alternative: After cookies cool, draw web onto cookie using black FoodWriter™
Pumpkin: After cookie dough is cut, sprinkle orange and green sugars on cookies to look like the stem and lines on the pumpkin; bake. Or, bake cookies, cool completely, then using orange Color MistTM, spray cookie and draw lines with orange FoodWriter™
Ghost: Bake cookies and cool completely. Ice cookies smooth with white tubed icing; sprinkle with white cake sparkles. Add mouth and eyes with black gel.
Moon: After cookie dough is cut, sprinkle with yellow sugars and bake. Cool completely. Add eyes and mouth with black FoodWriter™ or black gel.