Toy Story Alien Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 9.
- 4-pc. Oval Pan Set (smallest pan used)Easy-Add 4-pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4-pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- plastic knife
*Combine Lemon Yellow and Leaf Green for green shown.
One day in advance make ears. Knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 3 oz. fondant. Tint fondant green. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern and knife to cut out one ear; reverse pattern and cut second ear. Position on cornstarch-dusted board and dry flat overnight.
Bake 2 in. high cake in smallest size oval pan. Cool completely.
Cover cake board with Fanci-Foil Wrap.
Tint buttercream icing, matching color of fondant.
Ice cake smooth with spatula. Use edge of spatula to mark smile, dimples and areas for eyes.
Make three eyeballs using white fondant. Roll 1 1/4 in. balls into oblong shapes 1 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. Position on cake.
Tint a small portion of fondant black. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 3 to cut out three pupils. Attach to eyeballs with damp brush.
For antenna, roll out green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 2 1/2 in. x 3/4 in. strip with knife. Wrap strip 1 around lollipop stick, leaving 1/3 in. extended at end. Secure with icing or melted candy if necessary. Roll a 1 in. diameter ball of green fondant and attach to wrapped end of lollipop stick with melted candy. Insert unwrapped end of lollipop stick into cake.
Attach ears to lollipop sticks using melted candy. Let set. Insert sticks into cake.