Affirming Her Faith Cake
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
3 packages Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (approximately 72 oz. used)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
non-toxic pastel pink chalk
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Cross Pan Add to shopping list Cross Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add White Pearl Beading (6mm) Add to shopping list White Pearl Beading (6mm)
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Tea Strainer
- double-thick cardboard or in. thick foamcore
- Plastic ruler
At least 1 day in advance: Make fondant ribbon for top of cake. Combine pink icing color, 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 6 oz. white fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Cut two strips, 2 x 14 in. long. Crimp sections randomly to create a flowing ribbon effect. Position vertical strip on top of pan; trim to fit pan edges, cutting ends on an angle. Pinch vertical strip at center where horizontal strip will cross.
Position horizontal strip, wrapping under and over at pinched center of vertical strip. Trim to fit as on vertical strip. Let dry for 1-2 days on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Tint remaining fondant pink. Prepare cake board. Cut double-thick cardboard or foamcore 3/4 in. wider than pan. Wrap with foil, brush with piping gel, and cover with fondant.
Prepare cake for rolled fondant. Cover cake with pink fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position on fondant-covered board.
Using thinned fondant adhesive with water and tip 2, attach beads to bottom border. Grate chalk through tea strainer and brush into crevices of ribbon. Attach ribbon to top of cake with thinned fondant.
Remove beads and dusted ribbon before cutting and serving.