Across the Threshold Cake
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 116.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add From This Day Forward Ornament Add to shopping list From This Day Forward Ornament
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Foam squares
In advance, using royal icing thinned with water, pipe 360 tip 2 dots ranging from 1/4 in. diameter to 3/8 in. diameter. Let dry.
In advance, make 70 gum paste roses, 17 small, 23 medium and 30 large. To make roses, follow directions from Floral Collection Flower Making Set, making bases on toothpicks instead of wire (toothpicks will be removed before being placed on cake). For top tier (small roses) use medium rose petal cutter for all rows. For middle tier (medium roses) use medium rose petal cutter for all but last row of petals; use large rose petal cutter for last row. For bottom tier (large roses) use large rose petal cutter on all petals. Soften edges of all petals with ball tool from Confectionery Tool Set on foam squares. Use a mixture of 1 Tablespoon meringue powder with 1 tablespoon water to "glue" petals for flowers. Do not add calyxes. Let dry.
Randomly attach royal icing dots to cake sides with buttercream icing. Pipe tip 6 bead bottom border on all tiers and attach roses with buttercream. At reception, position ornament†.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
†Warning: Always place a separator plate on the cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-sided craft tape