A Zebra in Party Colors Cake & Cookies
Done up in purple stripes, this spirited creature inspires grins galore. Create the zebra shape by adding head, tail and legs cookies (we give you the patterns) to a medium Paisley Pan cake.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cookies serve 1; cake serves 14.
- 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set (medium pan used)Easy-Add 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list Tapered Spatula
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Make cookie pieces. Prepare and roll out dough. Use patterns to cut out head, tail and 2 legs. Use knife to cut 3 supports, each 2 x 2 in. Bake and cool cookies.
Also in advance: Decorate and assemble cookie pieces using royal icing. Use tip 3 to outline and fill-in eyes and nostrils (pat smooth); pipe outline smile. Ice inner ears smooth. Cover head, tail and feet with tip 16 stars. Finish tail end with tip 16 pull-out stars. Let dry. Attach Lollipop Stick to back of tail, leaving 4 in. exposed to insert into cake. Attach support cookies to back of head behind ears and to right of smile. Let all dry overnight.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake. Using buttercream, cover with tip 16 stars. Insert tail. Position head and legs.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.