A World in White Cake
This gently flowing cake will be ideal served at the engagement celebration or the bridal shower. With the softly-pleated detail of our First Kiss topper and a luxurious blanket of fondant leaves, it’s the picture of romantic bliss.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 38
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add First Kiss Wedding Topper Add to shopping list First Kiss Wedding Topper
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Pedestal cake stand (12 inch diameter)
Bake and cool 2-layer 10 in. cake (4 in. high) and 6 in. cake (bake two 2 1/2 in. high layers for a 5 in. high cake). Prepare for Stacked Construction and rolled fondant. Cover cakes with fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother.
On 6 in. cake, using knife to imprint lines 1 1/2 in. apart at a 45º angle. Using tip 2 and buttercream icing, outline imprinted lines and pipe dots where lines intersect. For 10 in. cake, roll a 1/2 in. diameter log of fondant; attach around bottom border with damp brush.
For leaves, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut leaves using largest Cut-Out. Work in small batches to prevent drying. Set on thin foam and score veins using small veining tool. Heavily vein leaves to create feather effect. This will increase leaf size by approximately 1/4 to 1/2 in. around. Beginning at bottom of cake, attach leaves with damp brush, positioning so that leaves hang over edge of cake plate. Repeat, overlapping leaves until cake is completely covered.
At reception: Position topper.