A Witzy Welcome! Cake
Give a baby a Witzy Welcome with this Witzy cake. A fresh take on a baby shower cake, a Witzy Welcome is decorated in a color scheme that is perfect for a baby boy or girl.
Little Suzy's Zoo™ Icing Color Set (includes Orange, Red, Green, Yellow)Easy-Add Little Suzy's Zoo™ Icing Color Set Add to shopping list Little Suzy's Zoo™ Icing Color Set
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 84.
- Easy-Add Little Suzy's Zoo™ Pan Add to shopping list Little Suzy's Zoo™ Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- 2004 Pattern Book (Heart, Butterfly, Top Left, Bottom Left and Right Clouds)Easy-Add 2004 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2004 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add All-Purpose Decorating Gloves Add to shopping list All-Purpose Decorating Gloves
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Tapered Spatula
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Craft knife
- Cotton Balls
In advance, make fondant flowers and butterfly: Tint fondant as follows: 48 oz. blue, 24 oz. green, 3 in. ball rose, 1 1/2 in. ball violet, 1/2 in. ball yellow; leave remainder white.
Using apple blossom cutter from flower making set, make 13 violet and 16 blue flowers; add tip 2 yellow dot centers in thinned buttercream.
For butterfly, roll out yellow and rose fondant and cut wings and body using patterns. Add tip 1 dots in buttercream.
Attach wings to body with icing; let dry with wings propped on cotton balls.
Position Witzy cake on board cut to fit. Ice sides, area below head and background areas smooth in blue, ice areas below feet in green.
Pipe tip 3 outline feather wisps and beak; cover head with tip 16 stars.
Make quilt: Roll out and cut a 10 1/2 x 7 in. piece of fondant. Mark 1 1/2 in. square sections on a diagonal with spatula. Roll and cut a 1 1/4 in. fondant square for each marked section and position on quilt squares.
Cut another 10 1/2 x 7 in. fondant piece and position over first two quilt layers. Press squares together and indent with spatula to create quilted effect. Imprint lines with spatula in each corner of squares to create a puffed look. Position quilt and trim off area around hands and feet, blending in those areas with veining tool from confectionery set.
Tint additional 2 in. ball of rose, and 1 in. balls of blue and yellow fondant.
Using pattern, cut 7 Rose fondant hearts; cut approximately 50 blue fondant dots using small opening of tip 9. Attach pieces to quilt with water. Pipe tip 2 stitch marks on hearts. Cut a 2 in. circle of rose fondant and position in dandelion area of cake for rattle.
Cut a strip of white fondant and 6 yellow fondant dots with small opening of tip 12; attach with water. Roll a 3 in. long handle, cut in half and position on either side of hand; roll and attach a small ball for end of rattle. Outline feet and hands with tip 3; cover with tip 16 stars. Set aside.
Prepare 1-layer sheet cake for rolled fondant and stacked construction. Cover top 3/4 of cake with blue, bottom with green fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Using patterns, cut fondant clouds; attach with water, wrapping around sides.
Position Witzy cake. Cut a 3/8 in. wide fondant strip; attach to quilt bottom with water; indent ribbed look with spatula.
Pipe tip 5 pull-out grass bottom borders.
Attach flowers with water; add tip 352 leaves. Position butterfly; add tip 1 string antennae.
Print tip 3 message.