A Winter Wonder Cake
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Snowflake Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Snowflake Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Use royal icing to make 6 snowflake arms and center ball. Copy Snowflake Arms pattern and tape onto cake boards; cover with waxed paper. Using royal icing and tip 8, outline 1 snowflake arm at a time; immediately sprinkle on Sparkling Sugar. Excess sugar can be collected and reused. Repeat until you have completed 6 arms (make extras to allow for breakage). Use tip 1A to pipe a 1 1/2 in. diameter ball; immediately sprinkle on Sparkling Sugar. Let all pieces dry 1 to 2 days. Carefully remove arms from waxed paper by sliding a small spatula underneath.
Bake and cool cake. Position on cut-to-fit cake board; place on cooling grid set over drip pan. Cover with Ganache Glaze; reserve any leftover glaze. Let set then position on plate or foil-covered board.
Whip remaining glaze that has thickened to use as icing; pipe tip 8 ball bottom border. Position snowflake arms directly on cake top. Position ball in center.