A Winter Delight Cake
Cool shades of blue and cute globe snowmen will make this cake a hit from the first snowfall to the last! The fondant ornament hung on top adds the finishing touch.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Lemon Yellow Icing Color (Combine Kelly Green and Lemon Yellow for light green shown)Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Rose Icing Color (Combine Violet and Rose for violet shade shown)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
40 cake servings.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add Snowflakes Nesting Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Snowflakes Nesting Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Holiday Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Holiday Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- 1/8 in. wide white satin ribbon
- Waxed paper
- Wire Cutters
- 18 gauge white wire
- Craft block
- Serrated knife
In advance: Make cake top snowflake and holder. Reserve remaining blue fondant.
Cake Top Snowflake and Holder: Tint 6 oz. fondant blue. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; cut snowflake using 3 in. cutter from set. Reserve remaining blue fondant. Cut hole for ribbon using narrow end of tip 7. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. Using royal icing, pipe tip 1 vein lines and dot. For holder, cut white wire to 16 in. long; shape into a curve with a hook on end. Using royal icing, pipe tip 7 balls. Insert hook in craft block; let dry.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth; prepare for push-in pillar construction.
Using cake dividing set, divide 6 in. cake into 6ths and 10 in. cake into 10ths. Tint fondant: 6 oz. violet, 5 oz. each light green and dark green, 1 oz. each black and orange. Roll out reserved blue and violet fondant 1/8 in. thick; using knife cut eight 3 in. squares in each color. Roll out light green and dark green fondant 1/8 in. thick; using tree cutter from mini set, cut 8 trees in each color. Position alternating color squares on cake sides at division points in diamond formation. Attach alternating color trees to squares with damp brush. Pipe tip 1 outline snowflakes on cake sides between diamonds. Pipe tip 7 ball top and bottom border. Make 4 snowmen.
Snowmen: Using serrated knife, cut 4 pillars from globe sets to 8 in. long; insert in cake. Position 2 1/2 and 2 in. globes on pillars to form snowmen. For scarves, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut strips 10 x 1/4 in. wide; wrap around neck, overlap and attach with small amount of water. Trim scarves as needed; cut fringed edges with scissors. For eyes and buttons, roll 1/4 in. balls; for mouth, roll 1/8 in. balls. For nose, roll orange fondant into a 1/4 x 1/2 in. cone. Attach facial features and buttons with tip 1 dots of royal icing.
Fill flower spike with fondant. Insert snowflake holder in spike; insert into center of top cake. Tie ribbon through blue fondant snowflake and hang on hook.