A Very Merry Go Round Cake
Complete your holiday party with A Very Merry-Go-Round. Gingerbread boy cookies border each of the two tiers of this cake. Seasonal treats, such as spice drops and candy canes, complete the decorations.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
small candy canes
5 6 in. candy canes
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M (2110) Add to shopping list Tip: 1M (2110)
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Nesting Gingerbread Boys Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Gingerbread Boys Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Sharp Knife
Tint 12 oz. fondant brown and red combination; roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Using second smallest cutter from set, cut 14 gingerbread boys; let dry on cookie sheet dusted with cornstarch.
Using royal icing, pipe tip 2 dot and string facial features and trim on gingerbread boys.
Tint 6 oz. fondant red and reserve 6 oz. white; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using knife, cut 1/4 in. strips of each color and wrap around top half of hidden pillars, attaching with damp brush; set aside.
Prepare 2-layer 6 and 10 in. cakes (3 in. high) for Push-In Pillar Construction.
Ice cakes smooth in chocolate buttercream, 1/2 in. thick on sides.
Immediately comb sides with Icing Sculptor, using yellow blades with U-shaped edge.
Insert hidden pillars into 10 in. cake, so that fondant strips rest just above cake. Position 6 in. cake on separator plate.
Pipe tip 1M rosette top and bottom borders. Cover top tier with tip 1M rosettes, adding a second row in center.
Position spice drop and sprinkle nonpareils on each rosette.
Position gingerbread boys and small candy canes around cakes. Insert large candy canes.