A Swirl of Rosettes Cake
Wow your guests with this stunning wedding centerpiece decorated with twirls and swirls, and beads and balls! The Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set along with the Crystal Twist Legs add a hint of glimmer to this towering cake design.
Cake serves 262.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Spring Song Ornament Add to shopping list Spring Song Ornament
- Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set 8, 12 and 16 in. Separator Plates neededEasy-Add Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add 7 1/2 in Crystal Twist Legs Add to shopping list 7 1/2 in Crystal Twist Legs
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Heating Core Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Heating Core
- Triple-thick sturdy cardboard or
- 1/2 in. foamcore board (20 inches in diameter)
- Waxed paper
- small ruler
- 3/8 in. white satin ribbon (63 inches needed)
One day in advance: On waxed paper-covered board, use royal icing to make 85 tip 1M rosettes with tip 5 dot at center. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry overnight.
Prepare base using triple-thick cardboard or foamcore; wrap with foil. Ice smooth 2-layer cakes (for 18 in. cake, bake four 2 in. high half rounds to make a 4 in. high cake) in buttercream. Prepare cakes for push-in pillar construction. Position 18 in. cake on base. Mark cake sides at 2 in. intervals. At each division mark, pipe alternating tip 2 double and triple drop strings. First string is 1 1/2 in. deep, second string is 2 in. deep, third string is 3 in. deep. Pipe tip 3 dots (not connecting) on each drop string. Attach 1 rosette at each division point with buttercream, extending slightly above cake edge. Pipe a tip 12 dot between each rosette. Add tip 8 ball bottom borders on all tiers. Attach ribbon to side of base board. Position ornament
† Note: Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.
**Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include top tier.