A Sweet Stroller Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 48.
- Oval Pan Set (2nd smallest and largest used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add 3-D Egg Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-D Egg Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Tip: 127 Add to shopping list Tip: 127
- Easy-Add Tip: 127D Add to shopping list Tip: 127D
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set (7 1/2 in. Twist Legs, 8 in. Plate)Easy-Add Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 1/4 in. thick foamcore board
- 1/2 in. wide white ribbon (2 ft. long)
In advance: Make flowers. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 oz. fondant; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut 35 flowers using pansy cutter from Flower Making Set. Place on thick foam and cup centers using dogbone tool. Let dry in Candy Melting Plate dusted with cornstarch. Add tip 2 dot centers with royal icing. Let dry.
Also: Make wheels. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 rounds for wheels using Comfort Grip cutter. Let dry 24 hours on cornstarch-dusted board. Decorate with royal icing. Divide wheel into 8ths; pipe spokes with tip 14 outlines. Add tip 14 shell border. Attach flower to center. Let dry.
And: Prepare foamcore board. Also cut 3 cake boards to fit 10 3/4 x 7 7/8 in. oval cake with 3/4 in. clearance on all sides. Tape together and wrap with foil.
Bake and cool 1-layer large oval, 2-layer smaller oval; bake and cool 1/2 egg cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Position 2-layer oval on prepared board; ice smooth. Add dowel rods for support where egg cake will sit. Trim 2 1/2 in. off narrow end of egg cake; position on oval for hood. Ice hood smooth, adding icing as needed for rounded shape.
Pipe 2 rows of tip 127 ruffles around hood; pipe 3 rows of tip 127D ruffles around sides (work from bottom up). Add tip 14 shell borders on hood and around oval. Ice large oval smooth. Pipe tip 17 shell top and bottom borders. Use icing to attach flowers. Pipe tip 352 leaves. Make 2 bows using ribbon and attach to hood and stroller with icing.
At party, use 8 in. plate to mark legs; push in pillars. Use icing to attach 2 wheels to each pillar. Position plate on pillars; attach stroller cake to plate with icing.