A Study in Success Cake
This book shaped graduation cake looks good enough to read! With all the reading your graduate has done over the past 4 years, this personalized graduation cake is a perfect way to say “a job well done.”
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serve 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Graduation Cutter Set
- Cellophane Tape
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 5 cups buttercream icing:
• Tint 1/4 cup black
• Tint 1/4 cup Christmas Red/Red-Red combination
• Reserve 4 1/2 cups white
Use 94 oz. of white fondant:
• Tint 48 oz. Christmas Red/Red-Red combination
• Tint 10 oz. black
• Reserve 36 oz. white
Cut two cake boards to 13 x 17 in.; tape together and wrap with foil. Lightly coat board with Piping Gel to help fondant stick to foil. Roll out 48 oz. of Christmas Red/Red combination fondant 1/8 thick and position over board using rolling pin, draping fondant over edge. Trim excess fondant from edges under bottom of board. Set aside.
Ice top of cake lightly and sides thick with white buttercream icing. Use wide edge of decorating comb to comb cake sides to resemble book pages.
Roll out 36 oz. of white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cover top of cake.Position cake on top of fondant-covered base board and secure with white icing.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut graduate silhouette using pattern. Position on cake.
Use tip 3 and black icing to print message.
Use tip 3 and Christmas Red/Red-Red combination icing to highlight message.
Imprint pattern press below message; outline with tip 2 and black icing.
Use tip 2 and black icing to pipe starburst lines around message.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut stars using small and medium Cut-Outs; attach on cake with damp brush.
Use tip 5 and white icing to pipe bead top and bottom borders and to print name.