A Sprinkle of Springtime Cupcakes
Rack up candy-flower-topped cupcakes to create a whimsical composition, Fashion a watering can topper from fondant and create a watery spray with royal-icing beads attached to florist wire.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Dancing Daisy Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list Dancing Daisy Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Hoppy Easter Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list Hoppy Easter Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Cupcakes 'N More® 38 Count Dessert Stand Add to shopping list Cupcakes 'N More® 38 Count Dessert Stand
- Easy-Add Spring Party Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Spring Party Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- 22-gauge florist wire (5- 8 inch lengths)
- White floral tape
- Waxed paper
In advance: Using candy colors, tint portions of melted candy yellow, pink, violet and green. Mold candies without lollipop sticks using painting or piping method.
Also: Make fondant watering can topper. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ to 6 oz. fondant. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut out watering can. Use largest round Cut-Out™ to cut circle for base. For easel back, roll out additional fondant 1/2 in. thick. Shape a 90° triangular wedge of fondant, 3/4 in. wide x 1 1/2 in. high. Let all pieces dry for 24 hours on cornstarch-dusted board. Using full-strength royal icing, outline watering can with tip 3. Using thinned royal icing and tip 3, pipe bead flower petals; add dot centers. Let dry.
Water Spray: Use thinned royal icing to pipe about 30 water beads, 1/4 in. long, on waxed paper-covered board. Let dry. Cut florist wire into two 6 in. and three 8 in. lengths. Group and tape ends together. Tape end to waxed paper-covered board and arrange spray. Using full-strength royal icing, attach water beads to wires, about 1/2 to 3/4 in. apart; let set. Attach spray to back of spout; let dry. Attach watering can and wedge to base; let set.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth. Position candies. Pipe tip 352 leaves. Position cupcakes and topper on stand at party.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.