A Snack with Sizzle Cupcakes
What a great way to extend the barbeque all the way through dessert. Cover Mini Ball Pan “grill” with melted candy and make hot dogs and hamburgers with candy clay. Legs are made from foil-covered cookie treat sticks and wheels from black candy clay.
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Twist-up Glue Stick
- Waxed paper
- Paring Knife
For each treat, tint 1 oz. white candy (approximately 10 wafers) black using candy color. With remaining white candy, prepare candy clay; let set. Divide clay in 5 portions; tint portions red (match Red Candy Melts), brown, gray, yellow and black.
Place mini ball cakes flat side down on cooling grid over pan. Cover with melted red candy; let set. Turn cakes over and cover flat side with melted black candy; let set. Make legs and connectors.
For grate, roll and position 1/8 in. diameter logs of gray clay. For grill rim, roll and position a 1/4 in. diameter log of red clay.
Shape two 3/4 in. brown burgers. On waxed paper, roll out yellow clay; cut 1/2 in. square for cheese. Position burgers and cheese.
For hot dogs, combine red clay with a little brown; shape and position two 11/4 in. hot dogs. For wheels, shape two 1/2 in. black clay disks; attach to legs with melted candy.
*Combine red and green candy colors for brown shown. Use a little black candy color to make gray shown.