A Slice of Summertime Cake
Create a dessert sure to delight. Impress one and all with a watermelon-slice cake sporting chocolate-chip seeds and a fondant rind detailed with Food Writers Edible Markers.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
mini chocolate chips
Cake serves 6.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 789 Add to shopping list Tip: 789
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 16 in. Featherweight Decorating Bag Add to shopping list 16 in. Featherweight Decorating Bag
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Leveler Add to shopping list Cake Leveler
Prepare favorite white cake mix; tint with 1/4 teaspoon of Red-Red color. Blend in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Bake and cool 1-layer cake.
Refrigerate cake until mini chocolate chips are hardened; trim off top of cake with Cake Leveler. Ice cake sides with tip 789 and Featherweight Bag. For rind, tint 8 oz. fondant green, roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using Cutter/Embosser, cut a 1 in. wide strip and attach to cake sides; trim to fit. Draw lines on rind with FoodWriter markers.
*Combine Leaf Green with Kelly Green for green shown.