A Royal Rainbow Cake
Princesses rule in this colorful kingdom built around an Enchanted Castle Pan candy plaque set atop an Oval Pan Cake. Use our Fairy Tale Large Lollipop Mold to shape plenty of candy princesses to send home with guests.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 22; each princess candy serves 1.
- Easy-Add Enchanted Castle Pan Add to shopping list Enchanted Castle Pan
- Oval Pan Set (2 largest pans used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Jumbo Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Wedding Shower Candy Mold Add to shopping list Wedding Shower Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Fairy Tale Large Lollipop Molds Add to shopping list Fairy Tale Large Lollipop Molds
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- 18 1/2 x 14 1/2 x 1/2 in. foamcore board
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make 45 royal icing drop flowers using tip 224; add tip 3 dot centers. Let dry.
Also: Make candy plaque using Enchanted Castle Pan and 18 oz. white candy and 10 oz. candy tinted violet. Make oval candy plaque, 1/4 in. thick, using 2nd largest oval pan and 2 pkgs. melted white candy tinted green. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Mold 5 birds using Wedding Shower mold and painting or piping method. Attach birds to candy castle using melted candy. Using royal icing, pipe tip 3 dots around door and tip 2 dots around windows; pipe tip 3 outline window sills.
And: Make 15 princesses in Fairy Tale mold without sticks using painting or piping method and 3 pkgs. of melted candy in various tinted colors. Mold 1/4 in. thick bases in muffin pan with 2 pkgs. melted white candy tinted green. Later, attach each princess to a base using melted candy.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake using largest oval pan. Position on foil-wrapped foamcore board. Ice smooth. Cut and insert dowel rods where candy base will sit. Use warm knife to level bottom of candy castle. Cut 3 dowel rods to fit behind 3 tallest turrets; attach with melted candy and refrigerate until firm. Divide cake into 12ths. Pipe tip 3 double drop strings, 3/4 and 1 in. deep, between marks. Attach drop flowers at points. Pipe tip 233 pull-out grass bottom border. Position candy oval on cake; attach candy castle with melted candy (hold upright until set). Attach drop flowers at castle base with icing. Position princesses.