A Romantic Getaway? Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Silver Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Silver Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
Yellow spice drops
Cake serves 55.
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Oh No You Don't Figurine Add to shopping list Oh No You Don't Figurine
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Craft block
Several days in advance: For each of slot machines: Knead together 2 oz. each of fondant and gum paste; tint gray with a small amount of black icing color. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Using patterns and straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, cut 2 sets of slot machine panels (front, slanted results window panel, top, 2 sides, back); let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Use tip 1 and royal icing to assemble both slot machines; let dry a few hours. Brush machines with Silver Pearl Dust™. Outline and pipe in details with tip 1 and royal icing (smooth larger areas such as results window, fruit, numbers and payout slot with finger dipped in cornstarch). Score lines between results window with spatula. For handles, coat spaghetti using black royal icing and tip 3; let dry in craft block. Attach handle to side and yellow spice drop light to top of machine with tip 3 dots of royal icing. Pipe tip 3 red trim on light and black ball knob on end of handle. For sign: Knead together 3/4 in. balls of fondant and gum paste; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut sign using pattern and straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser. Decorate with royal icing. Pipe tip 5 dot arrow; let dry. Brush with White Pearl Dust. Print tip 2 message. Trim cookie stick to 5 in. and attach to back of sign with tip 3 dots; let dry.
For chapel doorway: Combine 4 oz. each of fondant and gum paste; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Using pattern and straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, cut chapel doorway with sign area. Cut a separate sign area and attach with damp brush. Tint remaining fondant/gum paste mixture rose; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Separately cut 2 sides of heart; score curtain pleats with veining tool from set and attach to doorway with damp brush. Reserve remaining mixture. Decorate doorway with royal icing. Pipe tip 3 bead border around heart and dots around sign. Brush dots on sign with White Pearl Dust™; print tip 2 message. Let all dry for 2 days.
For hearts on doorway sign, roll out reserved rose mixture 1/8 in. thick. Using Cut-Outs, cut 2 medium and 1 small heart; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Attach hearts to front and cookie sticks to back of chapel with royal icing and let dry overnight.
Ice 1-layer (3 in. high) cake smooth in buttercream. For carpet, tint 4 oz. fondant red, roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using pattern and straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, cut carpet and position on cake. Pipe tip 5 dots around front message area of cake. Print tip 5 message. Pipe tip 5 ball top and bottom borders on remainder of cake. Position slot machines. Insert chapel doorway and sign. Position topper.
*Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown.