A Real Tree Topper Cake
This tiered cake will be the center of attention on your holiday table! Molded candy ornaments are made ahead of time so the actual cake decorating goes quickly.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Holiday Ornament Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list Holiday Ornament Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make candy treetop ornament. Using candy colors, tint portions of melted white candy violet and green. For center globe, use mini ball pan to mold 2 violet candy shells; refrigerate until firm, unmold. For top and bottom globes, use candy melting plate as mold; make 4 green candy shells, refrigerate until firm and unmold. Mold 32 candy ornaments using painting method; refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth with buttercream and prepare for stacked construction. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders on all cakes. For tip 2 branches on top borders, make a center string stem and add pull-out string needles; continue piping over side of each cake. Assemble treetop ornament. For top of ornament, press in sides of spice drop to lengthen and insert lollipop stick in bottom. To make holes at top and bottom of ornament globes for threading lollipop stick, heat tip of nail portion of flower nail and melt an opening for lollipop stick on globe halves. Make sure the openings line up on each half. Attach globe halves around lollipop stick with melted candy. Insert spice drop on bottom of stick. Leave 4 in. of stick exposed at bottom of ornament. Trim off remaining stick; insert in cake. Cut spice drops in half, flatten and attach on sides of treetop ornament with melted candy.
Attach candy ornaments on cake sides with icing.