A Quick Study Cake
These are some big shoes to fill and this grad is up to the task. Just place Classic Wonder Mold candy on Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand and watch this glowing graduate come to life. Head, mortarboard, arms and hands are made from fondant. You can customize using school colors.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Classic Wonder Mold Add to shopping list Classic Wonder Mold
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand Add to shopping list Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
In advance: Make head and mortarboard. Tint fondant: 12 oz. blue and 6 oz. light brown. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 4 oz. blue and 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 6 oz. brown. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use patterns to cut out head and mortarboard. Set on cornstarch-dusted board to dry. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool Wonder Mold and 1-layer 9 in. round cakes using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Stack cakes on stand.
Using a spatula, ice shirt area smooth; ice gown, running edge of spatula vertically over icing to form pleats. Using tip 6, outline and pipe in tie. Pat smooth.
Attach head to mortarboard using melted candy; let set.
Using melted candy, attach 3 lollipop sticks to back of head leaving 5 in. extended; let set, then insert into cake (trim sticks as needed to fit).
Pipe tip 3 outline eyes, pipe in mouth and swirl hair. Roll three 1/2 in. fondant balls, flatten slightly and attach for nose and cheeks using a damp brush.
For tassel and string, tint fondant yellow and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 2 1/2 x 1/4 in. strip for cord; cut a 3 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle for tassel. Fringe long side of rectangle, using knife to cut slits 1/8 in. apart to within 1/2 in. of top edge. Roll and smooth top for tassel.
For button, roll a 1/2 in. fondant ball and flatten. Attach button, cord and tassel using damp brush.
Roll 5 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. logs for arms; position on cake. Cut dowel rod to 6 1/2 in. long; with icing, attach between arms for diploma. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut out hands using pattern (reverse for 2nd hand). Attach over diploma with icing.
For sleeve and neckline trim, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1/2 in. wide strips and attach using damp brush.
* Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown skin tone shown.